We are very pleased to announce our new online disability awareness training program is now open for enrollments.
The NDIS roll out is now well underway. This means people with disabilities will have more choice when it comes to how they spend their money. So if you have a service business, chances are you are going to see an increase of customers with disabilities wanting to buy from you.
They will choose to go to businesses that can best cater to their needs. This means it’s not only important for your business to be accessible from a physical aspect, but that your staff are properly trained in how to provide service.
Do you and your staff know how to interact with people with different disabilities? Would you know how to communicate with someone who has trouble speaking? Or someone who is blind? Are you all aware of your obligations under the Disability Discrimination Act?
Our online Disability Awareness Training course will give you and your staff the knowledge needed to be able to provide the best service to ALL your customers.
Online Disability Awareness Training covers:
- Understanding Accessible Tourism
- Types of Disabilities
What are the benefits?
- Allows the staff member to feel confident and comfortable when dealing with people with disabilities
- Enables staff to provide a high level of service to people with disabilities
- Enables staff to recognise barriers and to act to remedy them
- Creates a higher level of customer satisfaction
- Reduces risk to the business of action being taken against them under the Disability Discrimination Act
- Helps to promote the business as a good corporate citizen
The course is made up of a series of videos with a quiz after each, just to make sure you’re paying attention! At the end of the course, all students who have completed it successfully, will be issued with an E-Certificate from Inclusive Tourism.